The Independent independent.co.uk (RelaxNews - French-Europe) - March 23, 2010
Weekly Facebook fashion index: your go-tos for shoes
Adidas and Converse are the most popular sneaker brands on Facebook, says Stylophane's Facebook Index, but how about heels and other women's shoes?
Louboutin beats Blahnik in this showdown, followed by fast-fashion chains including Aldo
and Nine West. Surprisingly many brands known for their comfiness instead of their fashion-forwardness (Havaianas, Repetto, Tod's) are included in the top ten. And designers, take note: in general, shoes have far higher growth rates on Facebook than ready-to-wear.
Here are this week's most-followed shoe labels and their growth rates:
1) Christian Louboutin (+16.39 %, 116,103 fans)
2) Manolo Blahnik (+10.48%, 100,908 fans)
3) Havaianas (+10.36%, 109,030 fans)
4) Aldo (+15.43%, 77,577 fans)
5) Dr. Marten's (+3.7%, 64,984 fans)
6) Nine West (new, 59,449 fans)
7) Cesare Paciotti (+4.84%, 27,229 fans)
8) Repetto (+3.5%, 25,730 fans)
9) Tod's (+8.76%, 16,596 fans)
8) Steve Madden (+10.39%, 12,291 fans)
Divided into four categories (Platinum: more than 100,000 fans, Gold: 10,000 - 100,000, Silver: 1,000 - 10,000, Bronze: 10 - 1,000), Stylophane's rankings are updated daily (and expressed in graphs), and new brands can be added upon request.